The OGM is Recruiting! Senior Business Development – St. John’s, Calgary, Edmonton and Fort McMurray
The OGM is inspired by our commitment to a sustainable energy industry. We understand that advances are made by leaders of innovation, vision, a vast consciousness of the energy industry and the ongoing intricacies of global business influencers.
The OGM blends Energy + Culture in a harmonious platform that caters to something for everyone. While still keeping our core focus on the Energy industry. The OGM exists to engage, educate and inspire it’s readers and clients around the globe.
The OGM’s asset base provides a range of global media and communication experiences through print, online, weekly news and social media publications. The OGM was just nominated as one of four top online publications in Canada. Check it out: www.TheOGM.com
Your Career Path
Working at The OGM means you will be submersed in a culture without hierarchy, but rather you are self managed, eager to learn, and have mastered the art of integrity, responsibility, communication and self awareness.
- You thrive in a high performance team and collaboration, team work, equality and authenticity with yourselves and others is paramount.
- You’re true passion is being of value to your clients. Discovering their needs and delivering creative, supportive and undeniable solutions that facilitate their business growth.
- You have big bold goals and you are willing to overstep mediocrity, the status quo, and social norms to create unprecedented results.
- You develop and maintain strong customer relationships, gather market knowledge, identify market opportunities and develop strategies to profitably grow your business portfolio.
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related Business Development field. You have a minimum 10 years previous sales/marketing/management experience specifically for oil and gas clients. You have proven leadership capability and customer relationship management skills.
- You are successful at working independently with a sense of urgency, a high level of customer focus and attention to details and relationships that drive sales.
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written), decision-making and issue resolution skills.
- You have a proven sales ability, established client base and a powerful industry network that you can clearly show us and we can reference. Good time management skills. Works independently. Loves work-life flexibility.
- Your work day includes prospecting for new clients, calling on and meeting with established and prospective clients in a ‘consultative’ manner – Conducting fact-finding interviews/making advertising sales presentations/closing sales. During your meetings you will be make advertising recommendations/ideas to clients/potential clients. You will be relaying client fact-finding information to writing/photography/design staff, toward effective advertising layout and design
- You will be using The OGM database’s and other industry databases to identify possible customers, and pitch a particular services offered by The OGM.
How to Apply
If you have what we are looking for, coupled with a desire to be involved in the dynamic energy publishing industry, send your resume with 3 references to
SALARY will commensurate with experience: Salary range $120,000 – $150,000
Did you enjoy this article?