Eighth Avenue Place
Where address, art, and design formulate style and sustainability.
With handsome structural lines, a robust disposition amid The Calgary downtown skyline, EAP and The West Tower strike a remarkable resemblance to the Alberta Rockies and a matching reputation of sustainability and excellence.
Constructed in 2011, the 49-storey, 1.1 million rentable square-foot, Eighth Avenue Place is Canada’s first pre-certified leed platinum core and shell office tower and is highly coveted and fully leased.
Its sister, The West Tower, with 40 stories and 840,000 rentable square feet will become home to Athabasca Oil Corporation and Crescent Point Energy Corp. upon completion in 2014.
- Constructed on the historical Penny Lane site, some of the original stones were integrated into the construction materials, of which 20 percent contain recycled content.
- An additional 20 percent of extracted materials were sourced and processed within 500 miles of Calgary, Alberta.
- All wood materials were sourced from certified sustainable forests.
- Gigantic window spans create height, light, and brilliance, formulating a backdrop to an astounding collection by “six iconic Canadian artists.” The chic and modern furniture adds contrast and complement to the various angles and lines enhanced by the lobby light boxes.
- Cooling systems are low ozone depletion and green house gas compliant with the same system applying heat in winter and cooling during warmer weather.
- Energy consumption is reduced by 10-20 percent with the help of a thermal efficient curtain wall and outside air economizer.
- Low-flow valves reduce water use by 40 percent.
- Snow and ice deluge (heating) system prevents accumulation and hazards.
- Landscaping water efficiency reduces demand by 50 percent.
- 300 bicycle parking with full shower rooms and lockers encourage green commuting.
- Fitness center with towel service, open 24/7 with fitness classes and private training.
- Single-stream recycling, toner, and electronic recycling.
- Intellectual health program to introduce tenants to new artists, poets, and writers.
- Full concierge service and use of low-emitting or VOC materials and products throughout entire property.
- Business center with 150-seat theatre style seating and two break-out rooms.
- Short- and long-term underground parking for 1,143 vehicles with executive car wash.
Did you enjoy this article?